The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

PostSecret

Found this trippy little blog called PostSecret. People send in homemade postcards with a secret they have never told anyone. A lot of them are dopey ("I will always love her," or "She never gave me a chance") or self-indulgent ("I had gay sex at church camp three times" or "There is reason to believe I was a pre-honeymoon baby... and evidence that my mother still has not forgiven me for this"). A handful are starkly beautiful ("I still haven't told my father I have the same disease that killed my mother"). But each of them tells a story.

This one is my favorite:



Imagine having the ability to start your life completely over. Imagine having to do that. Taking the disaster of the 9/11 attacks, and using that to just... disappear.

I don't know who this person is, or what kind of person he/she was before or after the attack, or why they felt the need to runaway during the attack. But I hope they were able to make the most out of their new life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home