The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

We're not interested, but how 'bout you help us instead?

Because of the trip the wife and I are taking to New Zealand next month, I sent out a couple of queries to some travel magazines and locally to the Dispatch. The Travel Editor responded within days by phone, which was nice. She said they weren't interested in freelance travel work, but would like to keep my name and number on file because they'd like to interview me for an article on volunteer vacations.

Now, there's obviously now way to tell if she was telling the truth about already planning an article, but regardless, I don't know if I should feel insulted or not. On one hand, it is a form of publicity, and I'm being used as a resource. On the other hand, I'm not getting paid.

On a related note, if the Dispatch does interview me, it'll be the third time since Carrie and I have gotten married that I've been in local media since we got married.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home