The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

November 23. The day before Thanksgiving. Cold wind blew in from the north and now the first snow of the year is sticking to the ground.

I don't mind the snow so much. It's expected, but around here the first big snow always means the same thing: The city government is never prepared for it, so traffic is nuts.

Add to that the fact that this is the day before Thanksgiving, where I-71 is a parking lot for 20 miles north of Porlaris, and you've got some seriously pissed off dads driving cars today and tomorrow.

Hopefully things will clear up tomorrow, but I'm not betting on it. I'm just happy I don't have to go home immediately. Carrie and I are actually heading south to my parents house for dinner tonight. On one hand the traffic should be substantially lighter. On the other hand, the snow may be considerably deeper, and accidents more commmon.

We shall see. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home