The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Ken Griffey's Grotesquely Swollen Jaw

I have a problem.

When I drive to work in the morning, the last song I hear on the radio is inevitably stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

I also have XM Satellite Radio.

Partly due to the above problem, I often listen to the comedy channel or ESPN Radio during the drive into work.

Today I was listening to the comedy channel.

Just before I pulled into the parking lot, they played Talkin' Softball from The Simpsons.

Now I want to claw my eyes out (considering that won't help me hearing songs, I don't know why I'm compelled to do this, but I am).

Well Mr. Burns had done it,
The power plant had won it,
With Roger Clemens clucking all the while,
Mike Scioscia's tragic illness made us smile,
While Wade Boggs lay unconscious on the barroom tile...

We're talkin' softball...
From Maine to San Diego.
Talkin' softball...
Mattingly and Canseco.
Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw.
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law.
We're talkin' Homer...
Ozzie and the Straw.

We're talkin' softball...
From Maine to San Diego.
Talkin' softball...
Mattingly and Canseco.
Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw.
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law.
We're talkin' Homer...
Ozzie and the Straw.


(Repeat Second verse until driven into a violent rage or
catatonic).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home