The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thinking Aloud

While writing the last post, I remembered something important. Something that I always forget and am always surprised that I've forgotten it when I remember:

I think better when I type.

I know everybody has had the experience when they're tackling a problem that's been frustrating them for awhile, but as soon as they vocalize the problem (sometimes as they're asking someone else for help), the answer suddenly materializes. It's happened to all of us.

For me, that happens when I sit down at the computer and type things out. Something shifts in my head and I can think more clearly while my fingers take notation straight from my head, freeing my subconscious to do all the heavy lifting.

At least, that's what I think happens.

As I wrote the previous post whining about my problems, a couple of possible solutions presented themselves to me. None of them may be the answer I'm searching for, but they're avenues to explore.

I have got to remember that.

1 Comments:

Blogger addison said...

I think better when I'm drawing. Sometimes almost on the level of clairvoyance. I also hear my sorrounding better. I don't consciously listen on anybody but me, my family and even a few classmates and later on officemates end up being surprised I know very detailed stuff about some events that occured quite a few distance from me when I was either drawing or doodling.

I do better in classes when I doodle during lectures instead of taking notes.

April 08, 2006 4:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home