The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Writer's... Phobia?

How weird is this?

I don't have writer's block right now, but I'm actually afraid to.

Over at dndonlinegames.com, I'm in several role-playing games that I'm actually really into. They're fun, community-oriented, and provide instant audiences for my writing, even if it is one paragraph at a time. But, over the past several days, I haven't posted very much. And I find that I'm afraid to. Strangely, I'm fighting in most of them right now, and I still don't have a very good grasp on some of the more basic rules when it comes to fighting. I love the role-playing aspect of the games, coming up with new characters and all that. But I'm afriad I'll embarass myself in front of these men whom I will probably never meet face-to-face. I just don't want to seem like a schmuck in front of other professional nerds.

How whack is that?

And it's bleeding into other things. Obviously, my paranoia does coincide with me realizing I had access to Blogger via work. But, beyond that, I can type in this private journal about my personal crap much more easily than I can in my writing journals.

Strange, huh? Enough of this crap, I'm going over there and kick some fictional booty right now.

Right after I get a drink of water first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home