The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Butt-Nekkid

So, this very morning I'm in the gym locker room making my way to the shower. It's about 6:45 am. I've just finished a thirty-five minute workout on the treadmill. I'm sweaty, I'm exhausted, I still really haven't awakened completely from this morning. And, oh yeah, I'm completely butt-nekkid. As I'm walking down the hallway, this little Bilbo Baggins looking guy waves at me and says, "Hi, Wes."

Now, I don't know if I mentioned this, but I was butt-nekkid. I had a towel slung over my shoulder, but that was it. I don't like making conversation with strangers at the gym. I don't like making conversation with strangers when I'm naked. I certainly don't like making conversation with strangers when I'm naked at the gym.

Completely befuddled and more than a little annoyed, I give him a "Yeah, whatever" grunt, pass him in the hall and continue toward the showers. Sensing my confusion, he clears it up by saying, "Bill Williams, from Grace." And then I remember him:

This is the new Superintendent for the school system supported by our church.

And now he's seen me butt-nekkid naked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home