The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Monday, February 07, 2005

...But I'm Feeling Much Better Now!

Okay, sometimes we have to go through the crap to get to the good stuff. The wife and I were able to talk things through. She thinks that I just tend to obsess about letting her down, and I admit, that is a hang up of mine. I hate to think that she's disappointed in me about anything. Always have been. I am very blessed that tonight we had some tense moments talking things through, but didn't get into a yelling match. I am a little bugged that she tried to lay everything at my feet, but she at least admitted to doing some over-reacting herself this morning. So that's nice.

I love my wife very much. And when she smiles at me, when I know she means it, it's the most beautiful thing in the world.

She wants me to take more charge of things. I mentioned to her that I usually don't get a chance to assert myself because she's already taken the reins in most things. It's a kind of Catch-22: I feel like she tries to control and mother me, and she feels like I'm forcing the authority onto her when she would rather I be in charge.

We're working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home