The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

...and a movie.

Okay, now that I've gotten that over with...




We saw Monster-in-Law last night with the Shindles and Vance, like I mentioned before.

In a nutshell, it was okay. Fluffy fun for the femmes. Don't know if I would call it a 'date movie,' because it didn't deal with the romantic relationship between Jennifer Lopez's character and whoever was the lead male in the movie. That relationship was established pretty quickly. The main thrust of the movie is the relationship between Lopez and (duh!) her future Mother-in-Law, played by Jane Fonda, who hasn't been in a theatrical release since 1990.

The movie wasn't as bad as Roger Ebert thought it was, but it wasn't good, either. It's the kind of film that I'll forget I ever saw in a couple of years, unless I run across this entry (which is kinda the point).

On my movie scale, this rates a "Sunday afternoon in syndication."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home