The continuing chronicle of Wesley's quest to be published; plus comments on popular culture, family life, and whatever else falls out of his head.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Message Bored

Work can be such a bother.

I find myself avoiding my job more and more and posting at Newsarama.com all the time, even after work at home. Honestly, I recognize that it's getting bad. Here I am, a man in his mid-thirties, competing for the attention of other middle-aged men, and when I'm not mentioned in the Popularity threads that pop up every so often, I get jealous. For that matter, this afternoon I seriously considered creating an alias to post under, just so's I could act like a jerk and get some attention. How pathetic is that.

Speaking of pathetic... Carrie and I flipped on 'The Biggest Loser' for a few minutes tonight--and I'm bigger than the smallest guy was at the BEGINNING of the competition. That's not good. Especially when Dr. Gnade warned me very strenuously about my weight. With my family's history of heart condition, my elevated blood pressure and especially cholesterol, he was very adamant about me losing weight again.

I suppose I'll get back to the gym and hit the treadmill again.

288. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home